Fight gum disease in the comfort of your home with Perio Protect®
Approximately half of the adults over the age of 30 in the United States have some form of gum disease, with incidences increasing with age. Even patients with excellent oral hygiene routines can develop this insidious disease, ultimately leading to receding gums, bone deterioration, systemic inflammation, and even tooth loss. That’s why the team at The DentaLink is excited to offer a revolutionary new way for patients in St. Louis, MO area to combat gum disease: the Perio Protect® system. Perio Protect® uses patented, non-invasive Perio Trays™ that are specifically designed to deliver prescribed Perio Gel treatment under the gum line, into the periodontal pockets where toothbrushes can’t reach – all in the comfort of your own home.
How Perio Protect® works
Perio Protect® is an effective way of treating periodontal disease by extending the treatment and care we provide at our dental office to the comfort of your home. The Perio Trays use a patented seal to help the hydrogen peroxide-based medication reach the targeted location beneath the gum line, where disease-causing bacteria reside. The process is simple:
- First, we create dental impressions of your mouth that are sent to the Perio Protect® lab so that your customized Perio Trays can be made to fit your mouth perfectly.
- When your trays are ready, you will come into the office, and we will provide you with the prescription Perio Gel, along with instructions on how frequently to wear your trays.
- After the periodontal infection is under control, Perio Protect® can also be used to help maintain your gum health and prevent the disease from recurring.
Benefits of the Perio Protect® system
Patients and dentists alike love the Perio Protect® system because it is:
- Effective – The results that patients achieve with Perio Protect® speak for themselves. One hundred percent of patients surveyed after a clinical trial said that they’d recommend Perio Protect to others. In addition to helping heal your gums, treatment with Perio Protect can reduce bleeding, freshen your breath, and even help whiten your teeth.
- Convenient – Part of why Perio Protect® is so effective is that it is straightforward to use! Most patients need to wear their Perio Trays for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, and you can wear them while you go about your daily activities like walking the dog or checking your email without having to worry about proper form or technique.
- Minimally invasive – Perio Protect® can often be used to successfully combat gum disease instead of invasive therapies such as traditional root planing and scaling or periodontal flap surgery. It is important to note that in more severe cases, we may recommend the use of other gum disease therapies in addition to the Perio Protect system to treat damaged tissues, such as laser gum therapy.
- Localized – With the patented Perio Protect® trays, the medical-grade antibiotic Perio Gel can directly target the infection at its source, without the need for systemic antibiotics that can become less effective over time.
To learn more about Perio Protect® and whether it is right for you, call The DentaLink today! You can reach our Ballwin office at (636) 496 8584, and the number for our St. Louis office is (314) 334-1474.
Perio Tray Therapy for Gum Disease
Gum disease is one of the most common diseases in the United States. In fact, one in two American adults have it. In the beginning, symptoms can be slight, a little bleeding when your brush your teeth or puffy gums, but if not addressed in the early stages, periodontal disease can lead to lost teeth, receding gums and chronic bad breath.
The disease starts with infected wounds under your gums and they’re hard to treat at home because toothbrushes rinses and floss don’t get deep enough to fight the infections.
We know that tooth brushing and flossing is just not enough.
The toothbrush, great tool, but it can only get a couple millimetres below the gum tissue. Same with flossing.
The perio tray is a great tool that will help you get medication deep under the gums and keep it there, long enough to fight the infection.
We have an opportunity to treat an open wound by a very, very simple system.
This product is great for those people that are doing everything possible but just can’t quite get the results that you know they wanted and then they use Perio protect and they’re just doing fabulous.
The tray is flexible comfortable and easy to use.
I love it. It’s easy to use. You just fill your tray with the gel.
Putting the Perio trays in with the period gel, there’s nothing to it.
Takes 10 15 minutes, tops.
Just fill the trays and put them in my mouth. It’s easy.
I’m happy to say that since I started using period protect, I haven’t had any bleeding whatsoever.
The bleeding of the gums have gone away. The gumline has gotten tighter. The teeth have gotten stronger. I think they’ve got stronger than that. My implant doesn’t hurt anymore, it used to hurt.
Everything is good about him as far as your breath, your whitening effects and then the healing of disease that you have in your mouth, which is important first step in obtaining your good health.
If you’ve been told that you have gingivitis or periodontitis, be sure to ask for a Perio protect provider, how the Perio tray can help you.
The hygienist said, doctor, you have got to see these, you will not believe these readings, and I knew what was going to be or what was going to happen, because those teeth felt so good and they were so tight and everything and it just made me feel so good.
Perio Trays Reach Where Toothbrushes Can't