Mini implants give Ballwin and St. Louis, MO denture patients a reason to smile
When you lose teeth, you lose much more. You can also lose the ability to speak clearly, eat your favorite foods, and smile with confidence. Traditional dentures may help, but they are less than ideal for many people. That is why The DentaLink team is proud to offer mini dental implants at our Ballwin and St. Louis, MO locations.
What are mini implants?
There is a common misconception that dental implants are replacement teeth. In reality, they are replacement tooth roots, usually made of titanium. Like a natural root, the implant extends into the bone, creating a stable and natural feeling foundation for restorations. Standard implants are also similar in size to a tooth root. Mini implants, as the name implies, serve the same function but they are smaller.
Smaller size makes a big difference
The benefits of our mini implants include:
- No bone grafting – The strength of implants comes from the fact that they are “rooted” in bone, just like natural teeth. However, that means you need enough healthy bone tissue surrounding the implant. This can be a problem for patients who have experienced bone loss or who have naturally thin bones. Due to their size, mini implants can be used for most patients, without requiring a bone graft.
- Minimally invasive – Due to their size, the procedure for placing mini implants is simpler, faster, and less invasive. They do not require a complex flap surgery, and healing time is generally shorter.
- Same-day smile – In many cases, patients who are getting mini implants for dentures or another restoration can have the restoration added the same day that the implants are placed.
- Strong and reliable – Bigger is not necessarily better. We use advanced Shatkin F.I.R.S.T., which are known as the world’s strongest mini implants.
- More affordable – It costs less to place mini implants when compared to placing traditional implants, and they often cost a fraction of other comparable restoration options as well.
More restoration choices with mini-implants
As mini-implants only serve as replacement tooth roots and lie beneath the gum line, you will still need a final restoration to serve as your functional teeth. One of the many benefits of mini implants is that they can provide a stable base for a number of different restoration options to meet different needs. At The DentaLink, our patients often choose from three distinct options to restore their smiles with mini dental implants:
- An affordable, fully removable upper or lower denture, which is immediately placed on your mini implants.
- A full upper or lower arch of attractive, comfortable dental crowns, which is immediately attached to the implants by snaps so that it can be removed.
- A full upper or lower arch of attractive, comfortable dental crowns, which is immediately cemented in place for a permanent restoration.
All of our restoration options can be completed on the same day as the placement of your mini implants so that you can go home with a complete, stable smile.
Exploring your options
Mini implant treatment is a wonderful solution for missing teeth. However, it is just one of many excellent options available at The DentaLink. We also offer bridges, standard dentures, partials, and classic dental implants. What is best for you? Call us at (636) 496 8584 (Ballwin office) or (314) 334-1474 (St. Louis office) and schedule a consultation to find out.
FAQ’s about mini dental implants
In most cases, because mini implants are considered a permanent restoration they are durable and should last indefinitely. At The DentaLink we are experts at placing successful mini implants and we use only the highest quality Shatkin F.I.R.S.T. mini implants, the most durable mini implants in the world.