Achieve Better Oral Health With General Dentistry in Ballwin and St. Louis
comfortable, and eliminating dental problems. We love seeing patients leave with a smile on their face, and you can depend on our soothing and calm dental team to put your needs first. Patients can expect:
- Stress-free environment
- Elite preventive dental services
- Reduced risk of dental infections
- Peace of mind in your oral and overall health
Drs. Link treat patients of all ages and dental complications. Find solutions for all your dental needs at DentaLink. Call our Ballwin office at (636) 496 8584 or our St. Louis office at (314) 334-1474 to schedule an appointment.
Steer Clear of Major Problems With General Dental Care
DentaLink is focused on prevention and providing comfortable dental solutions. Correcting dental problems early means avoiding dental pain while reducing treatment time and cost. Drs. Link have implemented a number of state-of-the-art tools — digital cavity detectors and anesthetic-free laser fillings — and techniques to help patients maintain a better, healthier smile. Here’s how:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams — We’ll remove any dangerous substances on the teeth and then polish them to reduce the risk of plaque and tartar sticking to the teeth.
- Fluoride Treatments — Fluoride is found in most toothpastes, and it reduces the risk of tooth decay and even restores enamel.
- Dental Sealants — Placed on the biting surface of teeth, sealants literally lock out tooth decay.
- Dry Mouth Treatment — This is a major issue for seniors, as many prescription medications increase the risk of dry mouth! We’ll prescribe a special rinse to combat this pesky problem. We can provide trays to make this treatment easier to apply for seniors, including those in nursing centers.
- Bad Breath Treatment — No one wants to worry if they have bad breath. We’re treating this embarrassing problem with Tooth & Gum Tonic toothpaste, a homeopathic solution packed with essential oil that also helps patients with gum disease and prevents oral sores.
- Gum Disease Treatment — We use gentle scaling and root planing to remove tartar and plaque and even soft-tissue lasers for infection removal.
Being general dentists, we look at ways to improve every patient’s oral health and overall health. For general dentistry in Ballwin, call (636) 496 8584 and in St. Louis, call (314) 334-1474 or use the online form to schedule an appointment.
MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT DENTISTRY
Fact or myth? Expensive toothpastes are always better than cheaper ones.
Myth. Different toothpastes are better for different teeth in situations. Sometimes moderately priced toothpaste can be more effective. Ask the dentist about what might be best for your teeth. And always look for the ADA seal of approval.
Fact or myth? If a tooth is white, it must be healthy. Myth.
Under the surface there may be cavities, problems with the root or other abnormalities.
Fact or Myth? Teeth whitening is harmful because it damages enamel.
Myth. There are many modern teeth whitening processes that have minimal harmful effects. Teeth whitening isn’t for every mouth or person though. Consult the dentist before you proceed with whitening treatments.
Fact or myth? Dentists should be feared. Myth.
With today’s advancements in technology and safety practices there is nothing to worry about. Procedures are as quick and painless as ever.
Fact or myth? You should visit your dentists at least twice a year.
MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT CAVITIES
Fact or myth? If you have a cavity, you will know it.
Myth, Mild tooth decay has no symptoms. Sensitivity begins to occur when the tooth decay is already causing damage to the nerve. Today’s dentistry prevents tooth decay with sealants and other conservative methods.
Fact or myth? Sugar is the prime cause of cavities.
A fact and also a myth. Acid is the main trigger in producing the bacteria that causes cavities. The bacteria is then fueled by the consumption of carbohydrates. Sugar is a trigger in cavities, but carbs as a whole are the main cause.
Fact or myth? Cavities are the prime reason for root canals.
Myth. Root canals are a result of nerve damage. And untreated cavity could lead to nerve damage, but root canals are on set by number of different factors.
Facts on myth? Brushing and flossing are the best way to prevent cavities.