Pediatric dentistry for our youngest patients
As a parent, you want nothing less than the best for your child, and their dental care should be no exception! At The DentaLink, we know the importance of providing your child with positive dental experiences from an early age to help lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles. We provide a wide array of pediatric dentistry services for St. Louis, Missouri, area children and strive to make our office a friendly, fun environment that they look forward to visiting.
Common dental services we provide
We believe that dentistry for kids should be focused first and foremost on helping your child develop their healthiest smile through preventive care and early detection of budding problems. Some of the pediatric dental services we provide include:
• Gentle cleanings: Kids can develop tooth brushing habits where they frequently miss certain areas, such as those hard-to-reach back teeth. With professional cleaning, we will gently remove any built-up plaque, bacteria, and tartar from your child’s teeth to help them stay healthy and cavity-free.
• Comprehensive exams: Children’s mouths do a lot of growing, just like the rest of their bodies! With routine check-ups, we can identify any potential oral health problems or developmental issues before they progress into something bigger that is more difficult, painful, or costly to treat.
• Knee-to-knee exams on infants and smaller children: Also called knee-lap exams, this method of examining smaller children enables us to examine their teeth and gums while they lay comfortably on your lap. In addition to being a more soothing experience for your child, it provides us with a better view of their mouths – a win-win scenario!
• Fillings: Even if your child is diligent about brushing and flossing, cavities can form in their developing teeth due to genetics or other factors. We use modern dental anesthetics to keep your child comfortable during the filling process and use tooth-colored fillings so that they are not noticeable in your child’s smile.
• Sealants: Dental sealants are highly effective preventive care treatments that “seal” off the deeper nooks and crannies in your child’s teeth that are typically more prone to decay. The treatment is painless, quick, and effective!
• Teeth extractions: If your child’s baby teeth are not falling out due to the way their adult teeth are growing behind them, a dental extraction may be necessary. In other cases, tooth extractions may be helpful in creating sufficient space for the bigger adult teeth to come in.
• Orthodontics: Straight teeth not only boost your child’s self-confidence but are also good for their oral health! We offer orthodontic options to properly align your child’s teeth and jaw for a healthy bite and beautiful smile.
• Nitrous oxide (laughing gas): To help your child feel as comfortable as possible, we offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) during treatments such as cavity fillings. This is a gentle and safe method for helping relax your child, and the effects wear off nearly instantaneously so they can get back to their day without lingering effects.
Looking for a family dentist who offers pediatric dentistry?
If you have been searching for a kids dental center that you can trust to take care of your child’s oral health needs, the team of dental professionals at The DentaLink is here to meet your family’s needs! We also provide general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services for teens and adults. There are many benefits to providing dental care for the whole family under the same roof—not only is it more convenient, but it is also better for your family’s oral health because we can monitor other members of your family for dental issues that may have a genetic component.