Find Relief with Gentle Tooth Extractions in Ballwin and St. Louis, MO
Tooth extractions in Ballwin and St. Louis, MO, may never become a dental procedure that you look forward to. Still, they don’t have to be traumatic. Both Drs. Allan Link and Andrew Link are members of the Academy of General Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Allan Link has extracted countless teeth in his 35-plus years as a dentist.
In addition to experienced dentists, we’ll ensure your tooth removal goes smoothly with:
- Two Kinds of Sedation – If you’re nervous or concerned about discomfort, you can get one of two kinds of sedation.
- Special Equipment – Our dentists use a type of forceps that makes it easier to remove even badly damaged teeth. The tool also lessens the need for incisions and sutures.
Stay Comfortable With Advanced Technology & Dental Sedation
Our dentists use advanced technology like digital X-rays to better plan and perform your procedures. We can obtain digital images more quickly and comfortably than traditional X-rays. Not only that, but digital X-rays use a fraction of the radiation, so they pose fewer long-term health risks.
We do all we can to make you comfortable in our dental chairs, starting with the chairs themselves. We cover them with Tempur-Pedic pads so you’ll stay relaxed, even for lengthy procedures. If the idea of an extraction has you feeling anxious, you can choose one of two types of safe dental sedation: “laughing gas” or an oral sedative.
We’ll Advise You on When Tooth Removal Is Necessary
When possible, we keep teeth intact with restorative dentistry treatments. Doing so keeps other teeth from shifting out of place and preserves your tooth roots. Sometimes, though, the best course of action is tooth removal. Common reasons for removal include:
- Wisdom Teeth – These teeth sometimes don’t fully emerge from your gums or crowd your other teeth, which can cause further problems.
- Dental Damage – Sometimes a tooth is simply too damaged to save.
- Dentures – If you’re getting dentures, you may need to have some teeth removed.
- Orthodontics – It’s sometimes necessary to extract teeth to get the desired result from orthodontic treatment.