Protect Your Bite From Damage with Mouthguards in Ballwin and St Louis, MO
If you play sports, you may wear a helmet, safety pads, or other protective gear. If you’re not wearing a mouthguard, you’re leaving a vulnerable part of your body at risk. According to the American Dental Association, athletes not wearing sports mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental damage. Our dentists can fit you for mouthguards in Ballwin or St Louis, that protect you from sports-related injuries.
Our athletic mouthguards:
- Have a custom fit that protects your teeth better than store-bought mouthguards
- Don’t require an ineffective “boil-and-bite” process to adjust the fit
- Withstand abuse since they are made of high-quality materials
- Can be customized with team colors or other personalized features
We Offer Custom Mouthguards to Address Other Dental Issues
We offer custom mouthguards for other issues too, including bruxism. Ask about mouthguard options for:
- Sleep Apnea – A custom-made mouthguard will gently move your jaw into a position that keeps your airway free of obstruction while you sleep, so you can breathe easily.
- Bruxism (Teeth Grinding) – Our dentists can fit you for a mouthguard that will protect your teeth from the destructive effects of a grinding habit.
- TMJ Disorders – A mouthguard can also relieve tension on your jaw to give you relief from a painful TMJ disorder.
- Headaches – To relieve chronic headaches, including migraines, our dentists can provide you with a special mouthguard called an NTI.
Take Good Care of Your Mouthguard to Extend Its Life
To get the maximum benefit from an athletic mouthguard and to ensure it lasts a long time, you should:
- Wear it every time you participate in your sport.
- Avoid chewing on it.
- Clean it after each use, either with non-abrasive toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles, or in cool soapy water.
- Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or high temperatures.
- Store it in a sturdy container with vents to allow air circulation.
- Bring it with you to your dental exams so our dentists can make sure it’s in good shape.